Search This Blog

Wednesday, February 23, 2011

Brandon Vera returns after being cut from the UFC for 54 days


It looks like our boy, "The Truth", is back in action.  UFC 125 saw Brandon Vera getting smashed by Thiago Silva and the bout left with an awkwardly broken nose and the humiliation of getting bitch-slapped and having his back beat on like a Filipino Dabakan drum.  After the bout, Vera went 7-6 with this having been his third loss in a row and UFC had to cut him.  Articles floated around saying how Vera has lost it and how his slow decline has been a waste of amazing potential ever since he destroyed Frank Mir back in 2006.

I felt really sorry for this guy ever since he got robbed by Randy Couture, got his face fractured by Jon Jones, and then got humiliated by Thiago Silva.  When is he going to get a break already?  Well, the UFC gave him one and decided to let him go.

It turns out however, Thiago Silva's drug test is in question after the fight and is being re-tested.  Chances are that Silva has taken some PEDs and Vera spoke out during interviews:


"I remember when I was underneath him and I was pushing him back and forth. I was thinking, ‘What the hell? Why is this guy so damn strong?’ And I remember thinking during the fight, ‘Yo, I gotta start lifting weights again.’ He was one of, if not the strongest dudes I ever rolled with in my life. Strong b******."

Now according to MMAjunkie, it looks like our boy is back with the UFC, and they are changing his last lost to a no-contest.  That would put Vera's UFC record at 11-6-1 NC.  He's finally got a big break! Good for him! Now feed him some cans so he can look good and marketable again and keep him away from top 10's for a few fights!

No comments:

Post a Comment